What is Goji Juice?

If you have not yet heard of goji, you are not alone. While it has occupied an important place in traditional Asian medicine for generations, the secrets of its nutritional benefits have remained a mystery to most of the world.

In ancient China during the Tang Dynasty (around 800 AD), a well had been dug beside a wall near a famous Buddhist temple that was covered with goji vines. Over the years, countless berries had fallen into the well. Those who prayed there had the ruddy complexion of good health, and even at the age of eighty they had no white hair and had not lost teeth, simply because they drank the water from the well.

It is said that the Himalayans were the first natural healers, and that they shared their wisdom with the ancient herbalists of China, Tibet, and India. One of their most prized secrets was the fruit of the native goji vine, which had been flourishing in the Himalayan valleys since the beginning of time. Those who came there to learn took the goji home with them and planted it in their own valleys.

Just as there are many varieties of grapes for wine making, there are many varieties of goji... as many as 41 species growing in Tibet alone. Not all goji is created equally. Some are more pure and potent than others.

After years of dedicated scientific research using modern technology, the purest form of goji was confirmed to be from the Himalayas. For a long time it was really hard to get pure Himalayan goji juice.

A few years ago, a company called Freelife came out with goji juice and made big claims about it being harvested only from special goji berries with the exact nutrient profile of the goji from the Himalayas. Being a believer in natural medicines, I tried it for about a month and really didn't notice a difference. I didn't feel like paying to give it a longer chance to work, so I didn't get any more.

Later that year, my dad had a friend who started a new job as an executive with the same company that marketed the juice. He gave my dad a case (4 bottles) and, unlike me, began to notice a difference after about two weeks.

My dad started to swear by the stuff and would go on and on about it every time I talked to him. After getting tired of him talking about it, I told him I'd try it again and promised him that I'd give it a longer chance to work.

After about a month went by I told him that I still didn't feel any different. But after I told him that I began thinking more about it. Although I didn't feel any different, I did seem to be remembering things better. I also seemed to be getting to sleep at night sooner than usual. Normally, I watch TV for an hour and then fall asleep. But now I was falling asleep in less than 15 minutes. So I kept drinking it.

It wasn't until the third month into drinking goji that I finally started to feel like I had more energy. Now I'm just as hooked as my dad on Himalyan Goji Juice. There are very few things that impress me. Needless to say, this goji juice really does impress me.